We work with many Homeowners’ Associations (HOAs) in western North Carolina to establish and enforce policies on issues such as maintenance of common property, fees, and restrictions on use of property (such as covenants). When conflicts arise between HOAs and their members, our firm helps HOAs manage and resolve these conflicts in a cost-effective manner. Our firm can also assist in the establishment of an HOA, including incorporation as a non-profit organization under state law.
We provide a wide range of services specifically tailored to HOAs, including:
- Homeowner’s Association representation and litigation
- Creating an HOA as a non-profit organization under state law
- Creating and amending bylaws, covenants, conditions, and restrictions
- Enforce HOA policies, restrictions, and liens
- Collect HOA dues
- Provide guidance regarding HOA rules and municipal rules
- Review employment and commercial contracts
- Represent the HOA board before local and state government agencies
Contact Timothy D. Swanson regarding your Homeowners’ Association!
Homeowners’ Association Resources:
- Community Association Institute
- North Carolina Planned Community Act, N.C. Gen. Stat. § 47F
- North Carolina Lawyers Weekly – Homeowners’ Association News