Fax (828) 322-2023
Jim’s practice focuses on criminal trial defense, corporate law and general civil litigation in both state and federal court. His experience includes successfully arguing before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit on several occasions. Jim has represented businesses and entrepreneurs from large national companies to small local businessmen.
Jim joined Young, Morphis, Bach & Taylor in 2014 after moving to Hickory from Raleigh, where he had practiced since 2007. When not practicing law, Jim enjoys spending time with his family, sports and walking his two dogs.
- North Carolina, 2007
- US Federal District Courts for the Eastern District of North Carolina, 2007; Middle District of North Carolina 2012; Western District of North Carolina, 2013
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2012
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D. (cum laude), 2007
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2004
Professional and Community Activities
- North Carolina State Bar, Bar Candidate Committee Member
- Criminal Justice Act Panel Member