Charles R. Young, Sr.
Charlie had over 40 years of legal experience when he retired. His practice areas included corporate transactions, mediation, real estate, and wills, trusts and estates. He advised individuals, small businesses, and large corporations, and developed a unique focus in the area of minor league baseball. Charlie joined the firm in 1968. Although Charlie visits us at the office regularly, he is now retired and enjoying his time with his wife, Elaine, their three adult children, and eight grandchildren.
- North Carolina, 1968
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2011
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 1968
- Wofford College, B.A., 1965
Awards and Recognitions:
- Certified mediator, North Carolina Supreme Court
- Listed among North Carolina’s “Legal Elite” in the area of real-property law by Business North Carolina magazine (2004)
- Listed among “North Carolina Super Lawyers” in Business/Corporate Law and Real Estate (2007, 2008, and 2009).
- Martindale‑Hubbell® AV‑rated lawyer
- Order of the Long Leaf Pine (1978), North Carolina’s highest civilian honor
- Named one of the Five Outstanding Young Men of North Carolina (1979
Professional and Community Activities:
- American Bar Association member
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar Association’s Real Property Council, charter member
- Catawba County Bar Association, member and former Treasurer
- Viewmont Baptist Church, member for over 50 years, various leadership roles including Chairman of the Deacons and Sunday School Teacher
- Vice President and minority owner of Hickory Baseball, Inc.
- Catawba County United Way member and former campaign Co-Chair, Board Member, and President
- Hickory Rotary Club member and former President
- Greater Hickory Fund, former Director and President
- 25th Judicial District Bar Association, former President
- Catawba County Chamber of Commerce, former Vice President
- Former Chairman of the Board of Directors for Frye Regional Medical Center
- Former Board Member of North Carolina Baptist Hospital
- Former Board Member of Ten Broeck Hospital
- Former Board Member of the Patrick Beaver Learning Center
- Former Board Member of the Wake Forest University Deacons Club
- Former Board Member of South Mountain Institute