Timothy D. Swanson
P: (828) 322-4663
F: (828) 324-2431
Areas of Concentration:
Commercial & Business Litigation
Trusts & Estates Litigation
Title Insurance Defense
Tim practices primarily in the areas of commercial and business litigation. His experience includes serving as both lead and assistant counsel in all stages of litigation in both state and federal court. Tim has represented manufacturing and textile companies, automobile dealers and lenders, construction contractors, medical groups, IT companies, and entrepreneurs. Tim has substantial commercial litigation experience in representing clients in contract, non-compete, trade secret and unfair trade practice disputes.
Tim joined Young, Morphis, Bach & Taylor in 2006. When away from the office, Tim enjoys running, playing golf and spending time with his family.
- North Carolina, 2006
- Western District of North Carolina, 2007
- Campbell University, J.D., 2006
- Lenoir-Rhyne University, B.A. (magna cum laude), 2003
Professional and Community Activities:
- American Bar Association, Section on: Litigation
- North Carolina Bar Association, Sections on: Litigation and Business Law
- Catawba County Bar Association, Former Board Member and Treasurer
- YMCA of Hickory Board of Managers, Former Board Member
- Constitutionality of Age Restricted Communities in North Carolina, NCBA Real Property Section, Vol. 30, No.3, February 2009.
- Looking Into The Crystal Ball To Determine Reasonable Amendments, North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, Vol. 19, No. 44, January 15, 2007; NCBA Real Property Section, Volume 28, No. 2. December 2006.
- North Carolina Examines Multi-Employer Worksite Doctrine: General Contractors Are Now Liable for Subcontractor’s Safety, NCBA Construction Law Section, Volume 20, No. 1, October 2005.